Rank My Vote Florida, a volunteer-driven statewide 501c4 organization that advocates for ranked choice voting, is looking for a full-time Field Organizer to work on the front lines of a transformative campaign to upgrade Florida’s voting system to ranked choice voting (RCV). Hiring and supervision will be managed by Rank the Vote, which is a national grassroots organization founded by local RCV activists.
This Organizer will be a part of the team to win RCV in Florida by being responsible for increasing visibility and winning majority voter support for the RCV movement locally. They will conduct smart and compelling campaigns across digital and in-person mediums to drive volunteer engagement, grow the supporter base, gain endorsements, and develop grassroots fundraising. Working hand-in-hand with statewide grassroots leaders, the Organizer will harness tools to help drive success at local events and actions, train activists on organizing techniques, and reach growth goals to win RCV for Florida.
- Work closely with the statewide organizing team to establish operational priorities and meet aggressive weekly and monthly goals for scheduled and ad hoc voter outreach. Manage, develop and support a field team to grow the volunteer and donor base. Canvass weekly, hitting monthly target goals to grow a supporter list.
- Develop meaningful activities for volunteers that contribute to the campaign’s strategic goals. Implement a system for recruitment and training of volunteers. Work closely with volunteer leaders to ensure they are executing movement methods effectively. Develop repeatable, trainable processes to boost engagement, online and over the phone, so as to drive turnout for events. Train activists on messaging and best practices. Train volunteer leaders in relationship, coalition, and organizational building tactics and strategies. Communicate status updates and action items to local RCV supporters. Ensure volunteer communications and events are appropriately structured and impactful, and also promoted well. Develop and maintain relations with national/state/regional volunteer groups in the electoral reform space. Devise a system for thanking and/or rewarding super-volunteers. Conduct coaching sessions on all aspects of movement methods: from how to run an effective meeting, how to inspire a recruit to action, to how to set up and maintain organizational systems and technology platforms.
- Recruit hosts for House Parties, on Zoom and in-person, and coordinate invitations. Perform online targeting and list segmentation for ads on social media and other channels. Run phonebanks to dial for dollars/calltime. Cultivate relationships with larger 4-5 figure donors. Apply for grants. Craft newsletters to raise funds.
- Maintain relationships with influencers, elected officials, and allied organizations for partnerships and social media amplification. Facilitate meetings with elected officials and election administrators to educate them about RCV. Cultivate, build and manage grassroots partnerships and strategic coalitions, and present calls to action when appropriate. Update a reporting system for tracking stances of key operatives.
- 1-6+ years campaign / organizing experience. Personnel / volunteer management experience. Excellent public speaking and meeting facilitation skills. Experience with metrics-based capacity growth and goal-setting and moving volunteers from online to offline direct actions.
- Has been Campaign Manager for at least one ballot question or candidate in Florida, preferably in multiple campaign cycles. Rural organizing experience. Experience boosting diversity in organizations. Volunteer training and management experience for 1-6+ years. Lobbying / advocacy experience for issue(s). Written communication skills. Mastery of social media platforms. Prior grassroots fundraising experience. List-building and fundraising experience a plus for issues or candidates.
- Goal Setting/Achievement: Show planned/achieved goals and tracked metrics/accomplishments in resume.
- Tech skills: Competence in project management platforms (especially Google Suite), and grassroots activism platforms (such as NationBuilder, CallHub, NGP VAN/VoteBuilder, OpenVPB, Hustle, Relay, GroundGame, EveryAction, GetThru, MobilizeAmerica, Reach, OutVote)
- Characteristics: Understanding of the Florida political landscape. Passion for RCV and a commitment to continued learning, drive, vision, obsessive attention to detail, proven leadership, an unwavering positive attitude and good humor, an eagerness to receive feedback and course-correct. Adherence to an ethos of non-partisan public relations and messaging, including engagement with individuals from a broad spectrum of political views, and ability to show restraint on expressing personal partisan opinions. Exceptional people skills and emotional intelligence.
- Timing: Must be available on evenings and weekends to ensure maximum engagement with volunteers and leaders for the full length of campaign. Should be open to full time work (i.e., not in school).
- Travel: Must be available to travel up to 50% of paid time within Florida to assist state volunteers on an in-person basis, as public health conditions allow. Any travel that requires you to be away from home overnight, or significantly outside of your metropolitan area, will be reimbursed according to the current IRS mileage, lodging and per diem rates and rules. All other work is remote.
- Residency: Resident of Florida.
- Language: Spanish speaking proficiency is a plus.
Schedule: Full time (Many evenings and weekends required)
Compensation and Contract terms:
This is a full-time salaried position at $42-52,000 depending on experience. Initial contract will be for 6 months, with a possibility of extension. Benefits include short term & long term disability, healthcare, 401K and 29 days of PTO/floating holidays. Part-time option possible for the right candidate.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Rank the Vote provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or military or veteran status in accordance with all applicable laws. We don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above. We're committed to building a diverse leadership team. Women, people of color, and members of other historically underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Do you like this page?